This Policy is in relationship with the general business functions of the organization and may include the products, services, support, information, education, and communication referred to in this policy as “Product(s)” and/or “Service(s)”.
1. Personal Data
Personal data is all information that is associated with a specific person and can be used to reasonably identify that person. Non-personal data, on the other hand, is data that has been made anonymous and/or with which the determination of your actual identity is impossible or at least requires considerable effort. This includes, for example, the aforementioned information if we receive it anonymously or under a pseudonym and therefore cannot assign it to any natural person.
2. Principle of Anonymity
When using the LNY websites, you remain anonymous to us as long as you do not voluntarily provide us with personal data by registering for an account, placing an order with LNY (on-line or via the phone), subscribing to emails or newsletters, requesting information or communication directly from us to you, writing to us via our contact form, or applying for one of our job advertisements.
3. How We Collect and Use Information
We collect your personal information in order to provide you with a personalized, useful and efficient experience. The categories of information we collect can include:
Information that you provide to us.
We collect information that you provide to us when you set up an account with us, place an order with us, or communicate with us. For example, we may request your personal information (e.g., name, postal address, email address, telephone number) or your applicable business information when you register for an account or purchase our Products. We may also collect any communications that you exchange with us, as well as any information you provide if you take part in any interactive features of the Service (e.g., promotions, surveys, etc.). We collect information you may provide when providing content or commentary to our Service in the form of blog posts, comments, reviews and the like, which may be published on our site and viewable by the public.
Information we receive from social networking sites.
When you interact with our Service through various social media, such as when you login through Facebook, or share Company content on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or other sites, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our websites or Service.
Information we receive from social networking sites.
We use this information to operate, maintain, improve and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, purchase confirmation, changes or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Similarly, if you request information from us through an online contact form or if you email us, we collect the information you provide (e.g., name, telephone number, email address) so that we can respond to you.
We collect certain types of usage information when you visit our websites, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us or our Service. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, file information and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). For example, we collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account, and other such information. We may also collect information about the way you use our websites or Service, for example, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the websites or Service, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the websites or Service from multiple devices, and other actions you take on our websites or Service. When you access our Service from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google AdID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics of our users. We may also work with third-party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which attempt to recognize you across multiple devices. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) identify you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Service.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the websites, as some features and services on our websites may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it
5. When We Share Personal Information
Lighting New York does NOT sell, pass on, lend, or otherwise transfer any customer information to third parties. We do utilize information for order fulfilment and to improve your experience interacting with us.
- We share the relevant data required to fulfil an order with our Partners. The data shared is the minimal information required for order fulfilment (name, postal details, relevant contact details, product details ordered)
- We may share your personal information with third-party service providers or business partners who help us deliver or improve our service or who perform services on our behalf, such as identifying and serving targeted advertisements, processing payments, sending postal mail, providing back-office services, or measuring site traffic.
- We may share or disclose your personal information if we determine, in our sole discretion, that we are required to do so under applicable law or regulatory requirements, or if we reasonably believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with preventing fraud or illegal activity, and/or to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- Your personal data will not be passed on, sold or otherwise transferred to third parties. Anything to the contrary shall only apply if this is necessary for the execution of the notified or agreed purposes and is permitted under applicable data protection law without consent, if you have expressly given your consent or if we are legally obliged to do so.
- We contracted various service providers to support us in the provision, operation and maintenance of our IT systems, including the LNY websites. These include, for example, hardware and software suppliers, Google Inc (for the web analysis service Google Analytics), hosting providers or data centers. When such service providers work for us, they may be given access to your personal data as recipients. However, these service providers are then contractually obliged to comply with data protection by means of a so-called order processing agreement; the statutory provisions on data protection also apply to our service providers.
6. Control Over Your Information
From time to time, we may send you emails regarding updates to our websites, products or services, notices about our organization, or information about products/services or promotional offers that we think may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from such emails, simply click the “unsubscribe link” provided at the bottom of the email communication. Note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain Service-related email communications (e.g., account verification, confirmations of transactions, technical or legal notices).
Modifying Account Information
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to modify certain information in your account (e.g., your contact information) through “profile,” “account,” “settings,” or “preferences” options provided on the websites. If you have any questions about modifying or updating any information in your account, please contact us at the email, phone number or postal address provided below.
7. Data Protection and Security
Following termination or deactivation of your User account, LNY may retain your information for commercially reasonable time for record keeping, audits or other purposes. Any Customer Data that we have access to shall be retained, stored, and deleted according to our agreement with our business partner(s).
Data storage and transfer
Keeping information safe
LNY cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures designed to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
8. Your Right
Depending on where you live, you may have certain rights with respect to your information. For example, under local laws, you may be able to ask us to:
- provide access to certain information we hold about you
- update or correct your information
- delete certain information
- restrict the use of your information
We will respond within the time period prescribed by applicable law. Please note that many of the above rights are subject to exceptions and limitations. Some Services can be provided only if we have your information, therefore deletion of your information will result in termination of such Services.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, including authenticating you through the email address we have on file. We may require further documentation such as a password and user ID before granting access to your information.
Starting January 1, 2020, you may submit the following types of requests as follows:
- Request Categories of Information: If you, or someone acting on your behalf, would like to request that we tell you the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources from which personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information, the categories of third parties with which the business shares personal information, or the categories of personal information that was disclosed for a business purpose, you or someone acting on your behalf can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request Specific Information: If you, or someone acting on your behalf, would like to request that we tell you about some of the specific personal information that we hold about you, you or someone acting on your behalf can send an email to email@example.com.
- Request Deletion: If you, or someone acting on your behalf, would like to request that we delete information that we hold about you, you or someone acting on your behalf can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that certain information about you will not be deleted (required for transactional integrity) if you request such a deletion, as may be permitted by law. Also note that we will not be able to provide you with certain Services upon a deletion. You will also need to clear your cookies.
- Do Not Sell My Personal Information: Lighting New York does NOT sell, pass on, lend, or otherwise transfer any customer information to third parties.
Please note that you may be located in a jurisdiction where we are not obligated, or are unable, to fulfill a request. In such a case, your request may not be fulfilled. If you have any unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
Additional Rights for California Residents
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which the Services have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at Lighting New York, Attn: Privacy Officer, 78 Universal Road, Selinsgrove, PA 17870. For all requests, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
9. Forms and account registrations
- If you contact us via forms, you agree that your message with your given contact data may be processed by us for the purposes of the form you sent and for contacting you. You can also enter a pseudonym (also a fictional name) as the name. Your consent and our legitimate interest in being able to contact users of the LNY website electronically constitute the legal basis for processing.
- For the purpose of contacting us via forms, you have given the following declaration of consent: “By clicking submit below, you consent to allow LNY to store and process the personal information submitted above to provide you the content requested and contact you.”.
- We will only process the data you submit via forms in order to provide you with requested content, to process enquiries and to contact you. As long as we have received your contact data, which you provide via the contact form, only for these purposes, we will not use this personal data for any other purposes. Apart from cases in which we are legally obliged to do so, we will not pass on your contact data to third parties in this case.
- You can revoke your consent at any time for the future. Your contact data will be stored after the revocation for as long and as far as we are obliged to do so within the scope of the legal storage obligations or we still need your personal data to carry out or process an existing contractual relationship or for purposes of proof.
10. Online applications
- If you contact us via our contact form for applications, you agree that your contact and application data including your possibly sent resume / CV may be processed by us for the purposes of processing your application and contacting you. The implementation of pre-contractual measures and our legitimate interest in receiving applications and contacting applicants form the legal basis for processing.
- We will only process the contact and application data you submit via the contact form for applications in order to process your application and respond to you. As long as we have received your contact and application data, which you provide us with your application, only for processing, contacting and responding to your application, we will not use this personal data for any other purposes. Apart from cases in which we are legally obliged to do so, we will not pass on your contact and application data to third parties in this case.
- As long as your application does not result in an employment relationship with us, you can revoke your consent at any time for the future. Your contact and application data will be stored after revocation for as long and to the extent that we are obliged to do so within the framework of the statutory retention obligations or we still need your personal data to carry out or process an existing contractual relationship or for purposes of proof.
11. Use of Google Analytics
- Google Analytics analyzes the traffic data on the LNY websites and collects various data about you and your user behavior on the LNY websites (e.g. which web browser you use, where you come from, which language setting you use, which search engines you use, date and time of your visit to the LNY websites, how long you stay on which page). Your IP address is only collected anonymously; for details see sections 11.4. Our use of Google Analytics is for the purpose of tracking user behavior on the LNY websites and to better understand it so that we can optimize our website and make a better offer available to users. The legal basis for our use of Google Analytics is our legitimate interest in using our website on the LNY websites for marketing purposes and optimizing it in line with requirements.
- The LNY websites use functions of the web analysis service Google Analytics. The provider is Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”. These are text files that are stored on your computer and allow an analysis of your use of the LNY websites. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this LNY website is usually transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
- An opt-out cookie is stored on your computer to prevent future collection of your data when you visit the LNY Websites (but this does not apply to other websites you visit and other browsers you use on the same computer): Disable Google Analytics. This alternative is particularly suitable for mobile devices. If you choose to do so, do not delete the opt-out cookie. Otherwise, you will lose the protection provided by this opt-out cookie until you reinstall it.
12. Use of Hubspot
- We use the inbound marketing service Hubspot of the US company Hubspot, Inc. provider is Hubspot, Inc. 25 First Street, 2nd Floor Cambridge, MA 02141, USA on the LNY websites.
- Hubspot is an integrated system for marketing and sales activities with which we operate our content management (e.g. landing pages, forms and blogs), manage contact forms and carry out e-mail marketing including dispatch and reporting. We also use Hubspot for publications in social networks and for the associated reporting. Hubspot offers a variety of setting options to meet data protection requirements. We made use of this option.
- The information generated by the web beacons and cookies about your use of the LNY websites is usually transferred to a Hubspot server in the USA and stored there. The same applies to the other information and data that we process with Hubspot. Hubspot is self-certified under the EU-US data protection agreement “EU-US Privacy Shield” of February 2016 and thus undertakes to comply with EU data protection regulations.
13. Use of embedded social media share buttons
We use embedded Social Media Share Buttons on the LNY websites, We display Social Media Buttons on the LNY websites for the following social networks:
- Facebook, www.facebook.com
- Linkedin, www.linkedin.com
- Twitter, www.twitter.com
- Pinterest, www.pinterest.com
- YouTube, www.youtube.com
- Instagram, www.instagram.com
- Linkedin, www.linkedin.com
- The legal basis for our use of embedded social media share buttons is our legitimate interest in providing users of the LNY websites with functions with which they can share the content found on our websites with other users and thereby use the social networks where they have set up a user account and which they therefore also otherwise use.
- You recognize that the connection was established when a new window opens in your browser and loads a web page of the social network in which you would like to share our blog or event post. This window is no longer part of our LNY websites, but is provided by the social network provider through which you wish to share the content. In the new browser window described above, you will be asked to log in with your social network user data. Once you are logged in, you can share your LNY website with another click. A click on one of these buttons means that you as a user give your consent to transmit data to the respective operator of the social network.
- If you click the respective Social Media Share Button after its activation, personal data is automatically transmitted to the operator of the respective social network and stored there, i.e. with the respective provider in the USA. We have no influence on the data collected and data processing processes, nor are we aware of the full extent of data collection, the purposes and the storage periods. You know the operator of the social network by the respective logo. To the best of our knowledge, the operators of social networks save these data as user profiles in most cases and use them for the purposes of advertising, market research or demand-oriented design of their websites. Such analysis is used in particular to display personalized advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on the LNY websites; this also applies to users of the respective social network who are not logged in. You can prevent your member information on that social network from being linked to the information the social network collects about you using the embedded Social Media Share buttons on the LNY websites by not activating the Social Media Share button on the LNY websites while you are logged in to the social network, but by logging out of the social network beforehand.
14. Use of Additional Analytics and Tracking
- In addition to Google Analytics, LNY may use internal and/or other third-party forms to analyze the traffic data on the LNY websites and collects various data about you and your user behavior on the LNY websites. Just as with Google Analytics outlined in section 11, information such as which web browser you use, where you come from, which language setting you use, which search engines you use, date and time of your visit to the LNY websites, how long you stay on which page may be captured. The use of these tools are for the purpose of tracking user behavior on the LNY websites and to better understand it so that we can optimize our website and make a better offer available to users. The legal basis for our use of such tools are our legitimate interest in using our website on the LNY websites for marketing purposes and optimizing it in line with requirements.
15. Use of Marketing Services
- LNY uses inbound marketing service for remarketing/retargeting based advertising and to help improve their our ability to deliver appropriate and relevant content and advertising to our customers. It is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to ensure and improve the consumer experience with interacting with LNY.
- Where we use any of your information that includes personal data in order to provide the Services of serving to you advertisements that may interest you.Including advertising and marketing to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeting advertising, and presenting you relevant offers based on information you provide or our prior dealings.
- We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
17. IT Security
We take various technical and organizational security measures to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data. For this purpose, your personal data is encrypted during transmission using Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL). This means that the communication between your computer and the servers of the LNY websites takes place using a recognized encryption method, which is considered secure in the current version. If your browser supports SSL, this function protects the transmission of personal data. In this case, most browsers display a short dialog box or a graphic icon to indicate whether the security protocol is supported. You can find further information in the help function of your browser.
18. Children’s Privacy
This Site is not intended for use by children under 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
20. Contact Us